Genoa City Days set for Aug. 2 to 4
The Genoa City Lions Club will have its annual Genoa City Days from Aug. 2 to 4 at Veterans Park.
New events this year are:
• A pig roast by the First Congregational United Church of Christ. The pig will roast all day Aug. 2 and will be served with side dishes beginning at 5 p.m.;
• Genoa City resident Alyssa Montes de Oca will be featured during the performances of The Fairlanes on Aug. 2 and 3. Montes de Oca placed third in the Walworth County Fair Idol contest last year;
• Barnyard Babies, a senior FFA project for Chad Jones, will have small farm animals for children to pet, hold and enjoy on Aug. 3;
• Story Hour – every half hour beginning on 1 p.m. Aug. 3 the Friends of the Library will read stories for children of all ages;
• The Southeast Wisconsin Antique Power and Collectibles Society will host the Kiddie Tractor Pull;
• Past guests and staff will gather for the Nippersink Resort Alumni Reunion.
Returning events include:
• Chasing Amy with local band Rock Central on Aug. 3;
• The Fairlanes Band on Aug. 2 and 3;
• Pauline Parker Memorial Mud Bogs; and
• The 20th annual Harley-Davidson motorcycle raffle drawing.
The event also will feature kids’ games, inflatables, merchants, a blood drive, ecumenical church service, food and beverages and sweet corn.
For additional information, call Chrck Schuren (847) 308-5424.